7.16.2010

Love means never having to say you're sorry...

I totally and completely disagree with that quote. Love means having to say you are sorry over and over again. It also means that you forgive them. That is true love. And that is what I think the domestic discipline relationship is. It is give and take. It's making a mistake, owning up to it, saying you're sorry, and taking the consequences.

There are lots of times when I am either being stubborn or am too embarrassed to admit that I am wrong and apologize. I hate being wrong, like everyone else in the world, but to the nth degree. I will refuse to admit defeat until I see the proof (from a credible source). That is one of our biggest hurdles in our relationship. We are both insanely smart in our respected fields. I am a writer and an avid study of literature while he loves anything to do with math and sciences. When we start broaching each others fields of study and profession, we immediately start to try and one up each other. At first, it's friendly. We laugh and tease and then I turn it into something nasty and am adamant that what I said was correct and basically refuse to listen to him. This is in no way, shape, or form good for our relationship.

So to rectify this we have inserted spanking into the instances. If I start getting catty and superior, he takes me down a few notches. We talk everything out, apologize, make a plan for improvement for both of us, and then he spanks me as a way to release the emotion and guilt. It also serves as a reminder of "Hey, act like that again and the same will happen". And no one likes to have a red, hot ass on days when it is 100 degrees outside and your air conditioner is barely working...

No comments:

Post a Comment